It is a kit, or bag, full of everything that you will need to live/survive in the case of an emergency evacuation. Make sure to put all of your supplies in a sturdy, easy to carry bag that you can easily grab on the way out.
Fill it with at least 3 days worth of goods, which you can find most of at home stores or Daiso. Keep it in an easy to reach place like near your front door. It’s also also a good idea to keep a smaller kit in your car!
What goes into an Evacuation Kit?
- First aid kit
- Portable radio
- Portable charger for phone
- Some kind of light clothing
- Foods that don’t require cooking and are high in calories
- Lots of water
- Prescribed medication & glasses if you need them
- Copies of passport, resident’s card, insurance card etc
- Cash (incl. coins)
- A Tarp
- Sanitary items such as a portable toilet (if you don’t feel comfortable going in the bushes) and toilet paper. Ladies should pack some feminine products as well.
This list was taken from this BBC Feature page. Be sure to check it out for more details!